Hydroxytyrosol`s proven effects:
- protects, dose-dependent, against LDL cholesterol oxidation, known as one of the first triggers of arteriosclerosis.
- It contributes to the protection against oxidative stress, promoting relaxation of arteries and therefore having an influence on the blood pressure levels.
- It is a potent anti-platelet aggregating agent, preventing the production of thrombus.
- It has protective effects on muscles against the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and nitrogen (RON), during exercise. The lactate production is severely reduced during exercise. The contraction of muscles is protected against the presence of radicals.
- The intake of hydroxytyrosol increases our internal defensive system, by increasing the glutathione levels, our main endogenous defensive agent.
Vitamin A takes part in the development, protection, and regulation of normal mucous membranes. According to the scientific panel of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), vitamin A plays an important role in the normal function of the immune system. It is an essential nutrient for the human being. It is used to treat diseases such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, etc.
Riboflavin and biotin contribute to the maintenance of normal skin. Biotin is another main vitamin which takes part in the metabolism of the carbohydrates, lipids and amino acids. It is known that its deficiency causes stress. The lack of biotin gives symptoms such as dermatitis or eczema and dry skin.
The ingredients in the capsule 2:
polyphenol-rich olive extracts (Olea europaea), excipient: microcrystalline cellulose, anti-caking agent: magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, retinoic acid (vitamin A), riboflavin (vitamin B2), D-biotin (vitamin B7).
Capsule components: vegetable capsule, titanium dioxide.